CSA – Community Supported Agriculture
2016 CSA Registration is now open!
Moab produce doesn’t get more local that through YGP! Only 14 Member Shares available with pick-ups starting May 31, 2016. Sign up soon!
Please read through the information on this page to see if a CSA is right for you! Then, if you are ready to sign up, complete the online form below or stop by the office to fill one out in person. Payment is due at time of registration. If you have any questions, please contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Youth Garden Project CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) consists of a community of individuals who pledge support to the Youth Garden Project so that the CSA Garden becomes the community’s farm. Members share in the risks of farming, including poor harvests due to unfavorable weather and pests, but also share in the bounty of the garden throughout the growing season!
Is a CSA right for me? Being a part of a CSA is great way to get connected to local foods and your grower, but sometimes it’s not for everyone. Please take a look below and ask yourself if a CSA is right for you before signing up.You are probably a great CSA candidate if…
- You or your family have the time to cook, enjoy cooking, and like to incorporate lots of fresh produce into your food choices.
- In your cooking you are willing to experiment with ingredients you have never used before or don’t use often.
- You are okay with getting something in your weekly share you don’t love from time to time.
- You are willing to eat seasonally and understand that this is what being part of a CSA means (a CSA will not provide the same selection a grocery store does). For example, tomatoes won’t be ready in early June, and it will be too hot for an abundance of lettuce mix and spinach in July.
- You understand that what is provided in the weekly share is based on the garden’s production.
- You are able to make the scheduled weekly pick-up time (Tuesdays from 3-8pm at the Youth Garden Project)
You are probably not the best CSA candidate if…
- There are two or more common vegetables you don’t like.
- You want to know exactly what will be in your share each week.
- You would prefer to stick to what you know and not experiment with new vegetables or fruits.
- You expect to love everything included in every share or expect certain quantities of the produce you do like.
- Your schedule does not permit you to prepare foods using garden fresh ingredients.
- You know in advance that you cannot make the scheduled weekly pick-up time.
NOTE: Once you submit your registration form, pay now to complete your CSA Membership Share registration!