Youth Garden Project employment opportunities:
- Recruit Vendors for the Farmers’ Market.
- Work with Vendors to get applications completed.
- Organize applications
- Communicate with Vendors throughout the market season.
- Field questions and concerns from vendors
- Build relationships with vendors
- Manage each market by overseeing vendor set-up and clean-up.
- Enforcing Park rules and Market guidelines.
- Providing information about Vendors and the Market to customers.
- Plan Special Events for markets throughout the season.
- Collect vendor fees at the end of each market
- Track customer and sales data at each market
- Schedule entertainment for each market and follow up with entertainers the week they are performing.
- Create and submit advertising for local newspapers, radio, online sources, and other venues.
- Engage social media audiences regularly.
- Distribute Farmers’ Market posters and postcards throughout town.
- Update website.
- Distribute directional signs on Market Day at appropriate locations.
- Engage vendors, sponsors, and other community members in advertising.
- Promote special events.
Required Skills and Experience
Positive interpersonal skills; highly organized; strong communication skills; comfortable using Facebook, Twitter, and other technology to promote the Farmers’ Market; enthusiasm for local food and art and supporting local producers and artists.
Part-time, up to 20 hours/week, 7 months/year (April-October).
Market Manager will need to work at the Farmers’ Market on Thursday evenings.
Hours not worked at the Farmers’ Market will be worked at the Youth Garden Project office.
Training in specific areas will be provided as needed.
To apply, please send cover letter & resume to Delite Primus at email@example.com. Position open until February 28, 2014.
There are currently no full time employment opportunities at the Youth Garden Project