The Youth Garden Project is hiring an Associate Director.
The Associate Director of the Youth Garden Project (YGP) will take on management and oversight of the organization’s day-to-day financials, special events, site maintenance, and internship program. The Associate Director will report to the Executive Director.
This is a key staff position that requires an ability to independently perform assigned duties within broad parameters defined by general organizational policies and accepted practices with limited direct oversight. End results determine effectiveness of job performance.
This position requires someone with demonstrated leadership skills, the ability to work collaboratively and independently, and has an enthusiasm for engaging the community in the mission of the Youth Garden Project.
- Assist with the daily operation of YGP activities under the general direction of the Executive Director.
- Represent YGP to volunteers, program participants, donors, and community members in formal and informal settings.
- Confidently speak to individuals and groups about the Youth Garden Project.
- Manage all day-to-day financial transactions for the organization.
- Create confidential reports for ED and board of directors on a variety of topics including donors, employees, volunteers, and vendors.
- Administer Internship Program, assist with training, and perform monthly check-ins with Interns and supervising staff.
- Develop recruitment and marketing materials for Internship Program.
- Develop mentoring opportunities within the community for the Interns.
- Oversee YGP site maintenance including 1.5 acre garden, orchard, structures, and vehicles.
- Develop and maintain SOP’s for maintenance, repairs, and upkeep of facilities.
- Manage rental programs including facilities and YGP assets.
- Manage all aspects of Staff Housing including maintenance, SOPs, and housing requests.
Programs and Special Events
- Lead annual organizational events including marketing, staffing, and logistical planning.
- Provide leadership for fundraising events such as Online Auction and Plant Sale.
- Facilitate Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program in partnership with Garden Manager.
- Continue to develop the organization’s community involvement through events or other opportunities.
- Develop formal volunteer times, opportunities, and partnerships within the community.
- Build relationships with volunteers to better engage them in the organization.
Required Skills and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of three years experience in a leadership position within a nonprofit or educational organization.
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience developing marketing materials and using social media.
- Event Management experience.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Position Details and Benefits
Full-time, year-round, salaried position.
Salary commensurate with experience. Paid time off, Health Insurance options, and IRA option.
Open until filled (posted July 1, 2015).
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to Delite Primus at email@example.com.