Weed ‘N’ Feeds
Thank you to all the volunteers (weeders and cooks) who made the 2016 Weed ‘N’ Feed season such a success!
Stay tuned for upcoming Weed ‘N’ Feed dates for 2017!
In an effort to promote community service and help maintain the garden, YGP hosts Weed ‘N’ Feeds. At a Weed ‘N’ Feed, community members or visitors can come help weed in the garden for a few hours, and in exchange, YGP and guest cooks prepare a nutritious meal with fresh garden ingredients for volunteers to enjoy together. Weed ‘N’ Feeds are a great way to learn about gardening, to connect with local food, & to socialize with fellow community members!
Things to know:
- Weed ‘N’ Feeds happen every other Wednesday April-September.
- No RSVP is needed. To participate, meet on the YGP patio by 6pm.
- Weeding begins at 6:00PM and dinner is served shortly after. Please be on time to weed if you plan to participate in dinner.
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome to attend. Bring the whole family!
- Each meal is vegetarian, but we cannot promise to cater to other dietary restrictions.
Weed ‘N’ Feed meals are prepared by Volunteer Guest Cooks from the Moab community! Guest Cooks include individuals, families, clubs, and/or organizations.
If you (or your organization) are interested in being a Guest Chef for a Weed ‘N’ Feed, GREAT! Email Kate at email@example.com to see which Wednesday will work best!