Weed ‘N’ Feeds
In an effort to promote community service and to help our staff maintain the garden, YGP hosts Weed ‘N’ Feed nights. At a Weed ‘N’ Feed, anyone (community members or visitors of all ages) can come help weed in the garden for a few hours, and in exchange, YGP prepares a nutritious meal with freshly harvested garden ingredients for volunteers to enjoy. Weed ‘N’ Feeds are a great way to learn about gardening & to socialize with fellow community members.
New in 2018 – Mini workshops and child care zones! Child care zones are for parents who need an extra hand and want to participate!
Mini workshops are to help participants learn about sustainable growing practices and to kick of the start of the evening!
April 4 – cool weather/spring veggies + free plant start
April 18 – composting + free bag of compost
May 2 – understanding soil types and amendments
May 16 – family planting night
May 30 – natural plaster basics
June 13 – caring for backyard chickens
June 27 – window sill planter ideas
July 11 – full sun vs. full shade plant ideas
July 25 – sun drying fruit or tomatoes
Things to know:
- Weed ‘N’ Feeds are held every other Wednesday from April through mid-October. See our calendar for dates.
- Weeding begins at 6:00PM with dinner to follow. Please be on time to weed if you plan to eat.
- No RSVP is needed. To participate, meet on the YGP patio by 6pm.
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome to attend.
- Each meal is vegetarian. Sorry, we cannot promise to cater to other dietary restrictions.
- Child care zones are provided.
- Free mini-workshops about sustainable growing practices kick off the start of the event! Don’t miss out!
Volunteer Guest Cook
Weed ‘N’ Feed meals are prepared by Volunteer Guest Cooks from the Moab community! Guest Cooks include individuals, families, clubs, and/or organizations.
If you (or your organization) are interested in being a Guest Chef for a Weed ‘N’ Feed? GREAT! Email the Operations & Development Director, or call our office at 435.259.2326 to see which Wednesday will work best!
Never Miss A Beet!
Find out when Events hit the calendar, summer camp registration starts, CSA pickups, and more!