Garden Classrooms are 90 minute field trips for students that teach lessons through hands-on and experiential activities. Each field trip uses the garden as a classroom and is aligned with Utah Core Standards for each grade level. Students apply what they’ve learned in school and see it come to life in the garden.
Fall Field Trips
Fall, aka harvest season, is the perfect time for garden-based education. Our lesson topics include:
- Plant Parts
- Five Senses
- The YGP Community
- Rock and Soil Connections
- Living, Once-Living, and Nonliving things
- Plant Classification with Dichotomous Keys
- Inherited Traits
- Healthy Snacks
Spring Field Trips
Garden Classrooms for Spring 2020 begin on March 30th! Lessons include:
- The Life Cycle of a Plant
- The Six Plant Parts
- Water and Soil Investigations
- The Scientific Method
- The Components of Soils
- All About Plant Adaptations
- Microorganisms and their Role in the Compost Pile
Never Miss A Beet!
Find out when Events hit the calendar, summer camp registration starts, CSA pickups, and more!