The Youth Garden Project’s Youth Programs are designed to meet the needs in the community incorporating the following principles:
- Encourage academic learning through hands on activities.
- Develop practical, vocational and life skills.
- Provide opportunities to serve and interact in our community.
- Cultivate a safe and nurturing place for youth to interact.
- Promote ecological awareness and responsibility.
With any further questions and/or clarifications in regards to any of our Youth Programs, please reach out to our Youth Programs Director or give us a call at 435-259-BEAN.
YGP camps provide fun and educational programming during spring break and throughout summer vacation for youth entering 1st-6th grades.
After School Program
After-School Program is a place where students explore and get creative in the garden. We partner with BEACON Afterschool Program to facilitate clubs during the school year for 1st-6th graders.
All students in K-6th grades, in addition to several Moab preschools, visit the Youth Garden Project during the fall and spring seasons for Garden Classroom field trips.
We use the garden as a teaching tool to supplement student learning with engaging and real-world experiences for young adults.