The Youth Garden Project’s Youth Programs are designed to meet the needs in the community incorporating the following principles:
- Encourage academic learning through hands on activities.
- Develop practical, vocational and life skills.
- Provide opportunities to serve and interact in our community.
- Cultivate a safe and nurturing place for youth to interact.
- Promote ecological awareness and responsibility.
In School Programs
At YGP, we use the garden as an interdisciplinary learning lab to inspire and engage students of all ages and abilities, involving students in every step of the seed-to-table process.
YGP camps provide fun and educational programming for kids entering 1st-6th grades while also meeting a community need for affordable, full-day child care during school breaks.
After School Programs
Whether through cooking workshops, afterschool clubs, or volunteer opportunities, our afterschool programs focusing on providing a safe outlet for youth to explore their unique interests.
Each summer, we employ two local teens at the garden, helping them build confidence in organic gardening practices, environmental education principles, community engagement, and workplace and life skills.