Weed ‘N’ Feeds
In an effort to promote community service and to help our staff maintain the garden, YGP hosts Weed ‘N’ Feed nights. At a Weed ‘N’ Feed, anyone (community members or visitors of all ages) can come help weed in the garden for a few hours, and in exchange, YGP prepares a nutritious meal with freshly harvested garden ingredients for volunteers to enjoy. Weed ‘N’ Feeds are a great way to learn about gardening & to socialize with fellow community members.
Things to know:
- Weed ‘N’ Feeds are held every other Wednesday from April through mid-October. See our calendar for dates.
- Weeding begins at 6:00PM with dinner to follow. Please be on time to weed if you plan to eat.
- No RSVP is needed. To participate, meet on the YGP patio by 6pm.
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome to attend.
- Each meal is vegetarian. Sorry, we cannot promise to cater to other dietary restrictions.
- Children of all ages are welcome!
Volunteer Guest Cook
Weed ‘N’ Feed meals are prepared by Volunteer Guest Cooks from the Moab community! Guest Cooks include individuals, families, clubs, and/or organizations.
If you (or your organization) are interested in being a Guest Chef for a Weed ‘N’ Feed, GREAT! Email the Community Programs Coordinator, or call our office at 435.259.2326 to see which Wednesday will work best!
A note from the YGP Team:
As we do our best as organization to respond to concerns about COVID-19, we've made the decision to move the Spring Plant Sale online, with an option for pick-up or delivery of plant starts. Since the Plant Sale typically draws in over 10 people at a time (with staff alone we are close already), we need to make sure we are following all protocols about social distancing and large group gatherings. Shop for plants at this link. Thanks for understanding, and well wishes to all!