Weed ‘N’ Feeds
Weed ‘N’ Feeds are our flagship volunteer event, and have been running every growing season for over 17 years! YGP hosts these volunteer nights in an effort to promote community service, foster connection and friendship, and help our staff maintain the garden. At a Weed ‘N’ Feed, anyone (community members or visitors of all ages) can come help weed in the garden for a few hours, and in exchange, YGP prepares a nutritious meal with freshly harvested garden ingredients for volunteers to enjoy. Weed ‘n’ Feeds are a great way to learn about gardening & to socialize with fellow community members.
Things to know:
- Weed ‘N’ Feeds are held every other Wednesday from April through mid-October (excluding the month of July). See our calendar for dates.
- Weeding begins at 6:00PM with dinner to follow. Please be on time to weed if you plan to eat.
- No RSVP is needed. To participate, meet on the YGP patio by 6pm.
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome to attend.
- Each meal is vegetarian. Sorry, we cannot promise to cater to other dietary restrictions.
Volunteer Guest Chef
Weed ‘N’ Feed meals are prepared by Volunteer Guest Chefs from the Moab community! Guest Chefs include individuals, families, clubs, and/or organizations. For more information, take a peek at this volunteer position description.
If you (or your organization) are interested in being a Guest Chef for a Weed ‘N’ Feed, GREAT! Fill out this form and we will be in touch! With any questions, please email the Outreach & Development Coordinator, or call our office at 435.259.2326.