Weed ‘N’ Feeds
In an effort to promote community service and to help our staff maintain the garden, YGP hosts Weed ‘N’ Feed nights. At a Weed ‘N’ Feed, anyone (community members or visitors of all ages) can come help weed in the garden for a few hours, and in exchange, YGP prepares a nutritious meal with freshly harvested garden ingredients for volunteers to enjoy. Weed ‘N’ Feeds are a great way to learn about gardening & to socialize with fellow community members.
The 2020 Weed ‘N’ Feed season runs from June 24th – October 14th, every other Wednesday night at 6pm!
Weed ‘N’ Feed ‘N’ COVID
the 2020 W’n’F season will be slightly different due to concerns about community spread of COVID. Here are five things you need to know:
1. BYOM&WG: Bring your own mask and, if you have them, your own work gloves.
2. DO NOT come if you are symptomatic or have been exposed to someone who is symptomatic.
3. The limit is 30 people, so get here on time to ensure you and your family’s participation!
4. A meal will be provided, but if you are not comfortable eating around others, we would be happy to pack yours to go — just bring your own containers!
5. Parents are responsible for ensuring their children are adhering to the 6′ socially distanced spacing.
Things to know:
- Weed ‘N’ Feeds are held every other Wednesday from April through mid-October. See our calendar for dates.
- Weeding begins at 6:00PM with dinner to follow. Please be on time to weed if you plan to eat.
- No RSVP is needed. To participate, meet on the YGP patio by 6pm.
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome to attend.
- Each meal is vegetarian. Sorry, we cannot promise to cater to other dietary restrictions.
- Children of all ages are welcome!
Volunteer Guest Cook
Weed ‘N’ Feed meals are prepared by Volunteer Guest Cooks from the Moab community! Guest Cooks include individuals, families, clubs, and/or organizations.
If you (or your organization) are interested in being a Guest Chef for a Weed ‘N’ Feed, GREAT! Email the Community Programs Coordinator, or call our office at 435.259.2326 to see which Wednesday will work best!