Weed ‘N’ Feeds
In an effort to promote community service and to help our staff maintain the garden, YGP hosts Weed ‘N’ Feed nights. At a Weed ‘N’ Feed, anyone (community members or visitors of all ages) can come help weed in the garden for a few hours, and in exchange, YGP prepares a nutritious meal with freshly harvested garden ingredients for volunteers to enjoy. Weed ‘N’ Feeds are a great way to learn about gardening & to socialize with fellow community members.
New – Child care zones! Child care zones are for parents who need an extra hand and want to participate!
Things to know:
- Weed ‘N’ Feeds are held every other Wednesday from April through mid-October, starting April 3, 2019. See our calendar for dates.
- Weeding begins at 6:00PM with dinner to follow. Please be on time to weed if you plan to eat.
- No RSVP is needed. To participate, meet on the YGP patio by 6pm.
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome to attend.
- Each meal is vegetarian. Sorry, we cannot promise to cater to other dietary restrictions.
- Child care zones are provided.
Volunteer Guest Cook
Weed ‘N’ Feed meals are prepared by Volunteer Guest Cooks from the Moab community! Guest Cooks include individuals, families, clubs, and/or organizations.
If you (or your organization) are interested in being a Guest Chef for a Weed ‘N’ Feed, GREAT! Email the Community Programs Coordinator, or call our office at 435.259.2326 to see which Wednesday will work best!
Never Miss A Beet!
Find out when Events hit the calendar, summer camp registration starts, CSA pickups, and more!